Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Linux Professional, sure, that's gonna make me rich.

So, today was just like any other day except that I woke up a little bit early. The extra time gave me the chance to practice my morning rituals that I have long abandoned since my life turned into adulthood. I tried to recollect all my momories being a kid, and the precise order of things for the morning ritual to start. The morning ritual starts with chanting and songs of rock music from the 80's. Followed with shower while doing the morning dance bare with only a soap in my hand as my imaginative weapon. And finally, a meditation period with eyes close as I wash off the shampoo on my hair. It doesn't end there, the ritual continues to a show of strengths, where I stand infront of a mirror, trying to do some push-ups and sit-ups to prove to the elders that I am worthy of thy respect. And the ritual ends as my task completes--with me leaving the ritual area--with my official war costume (yeah, its my office attire really).

But what made today special was that I finally received my LPIC Level 1 Certificate. Yes, the Linux Professional Institute Certificate, Level 1. Yes, the letter finally arrived, i thought they sent it somewhere else cause I got mine a little bit later after Ami and Mokhtar, who got to brag about it before I can....

Along with the certificate is a card for LPIC Level 1 members. Yeah, I'm kinda proud of it. Actually, I'm really proud of it. So that's why I am attaching a picture of my card here. Yeah, you can call me a poser, but I don't really care....and I'll explain why later. But first let me show off.
Lpi_joey_2Lpi_back_joey




So what can I get from being a Linux Professional. Well, in Malaysia, probably not much but working for some company making NOT MUCH, with really bad benefits. Unless probably if I work for shell, I heard they have hired a couple of Linux experts. But do I really want to be in the support industry, becoming a System Administrator is not really what I enjoy. So that's why I'm just gonna brag about me passing the LPIC exams, cause I don't know what other use for it for now....

Ironically, I'm going to take another exam--the Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)--which i might be able to brag again about but don't know what to do with it. I guess it will look impressive on my resume. That would probably help me get a job, but getting paid high, I need to be a total idiot. Maybe someone who knows how to pretend to know technical stuff and do marketing or better still a silly dispatch boy for some Dato'. But I don't think I'm the kind of person that can bend over so long just to make sure that my lips are actually the same horizontal height as my superior's arse. So there goes my chances to pass the LPAC, Lame Professional Asskissing Certificate. But I still have hopes to get myself prepared to get LPAC certification. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're a brilliant one, arent you!!!Congrats dude...and you shud brag about the whatchemacallit...hehehe
    I would! except I cant because im not a smart arse...hehehehe no, really, COGRATS dude!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.