Sunday, October 30, 2005

Geeks day out....

I received an sms from Amran today, for an invitation for buka puasa with Mr. Mokhtar, and why not I say. It would be great to have dinner with the old gang again. It has been a while since all the geeks meet up for a get together. And of course, these macho geeks won't possible admit that we miss each other's company. We are geeks, but we are not gay.....

Of course, smoking comes naturally among us. Besides being geeks, that's what we have in common. Though some of us don't smoke. Which is good, but they might as well did, cause all the second hand smoking makes them as good as a smoker too. As you can see in the picture, there are a few boxes around to gobble on the smokes after dinner. The itenary was, food, smoke, food, smoke, desserts and smoke again. Chit-chat and smoke again. Hmmm, what else, taking picture session and smoke, smoke, smoke....jeez, we will die early. And I don't need no crystal ball to predict this....

Some was not able to come that day. But we managed to get some good geeks to come and had good fun. Among the DHIT gang was Ami, Jeffry, Munir, Amran, Hasfa Juliana and the man of the hour, Mokhtar who organized the whole thing. Thanks dude.

Ami later had to leave early. We continued our little party at Starbucks.

I had an awesome ice-blended mocha while chatting to jeffry about my python book he wanted to borrow. "No, not python the snake but python the second most sexiest programming language." While Mokthar and Amran had a battle of wits on the chess table. Not sure what Ju was doing, but she was just being sweet as ever and mingling around. So happy she decided to join us that evening.

The day ended at close to 11 P.M when Starbucks starts to clean up and roll down their gate curtains. It was a nice day out together, for us geeks. And I hope we can meet up again really soon. Selamat Hari Raya people....and maaf zahir dan batin.

8 comments:

  1. Dude,

    Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin. 0-0 kay. Nice got to meet u all back, miss the old days when we play CS and Battlefield during office hour:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wassup dude.. ehh.. sorry lar cannot join you guys.. had buka puasa gathering with the family larr..
    anyway.. can see lotsa geeks there, must be really nice having everybody together.. the next time we'll have a barbecue aight.. let me be the organizer.. anybody up to that just message me..

    Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri..
    Maaf Zahir jer.. no batin...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pian: Thought you went back home to penang already. We asked about you, but seems like you were busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey thanks for the book. Out of curiosity, what is the most sexiest programming language to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to meet all of u again, sorry cant stay long. hope to see all of u again next time. take care geeks ;)

    Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff: This is just a matter of opinion, I hope it doesn't start any flame war.
    Of course one might argue about which is the most sexiest language.
    I'll like to say that Kama Sutra or the language of love is the sexiest.
    But being a geek like yourself, I think Perl is the sexiest one.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joey... I'm just here for the eye candy. ;) And I'm deciding whether I should unleash the URL to my online diary. Maybe I shouldn't. It's PG13.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey M,

    Well, I'm nobody to ask you to share your personal thoughts. But it would be nice to know what's up with M. The mind is a wonderful thing to explore. But, it's your prerogative as a writer really. I suppose you can remain anonymous. Like Miss M, MoneyPenny or something. It would be 007 like cool. Anyway, since you wouldn't see me often, to get the latest updates about what's going on with our lives, you can check out leilanie's and my blog. Will be updating my blog whenever possible. Usually, there are some eye candy. So do come and visit again.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.