Thursday, October 06, 2005

Parking, the get rich quick scheme

Last thursday, i went to the bank to withdraw some money for the week. So I went to the local Shah Alam bank. Yes, the nice peaceful town of Shah Alam. Shah Alam has always been a homely place to live in with good people in a slight kampung(Village) setting.
This is probably the only Bank in 60KM radius where you can do real banking chores. But recently, Shah Alam turned into a City. And I guess this made Shah Alam a bit busy.

The recent changes in Shah was parking. Suddenly, everywhere we go now, we have to pay for parking. You go mamak (indian food stall) at Seksyen 9, you have to pay parking. You go Mcdonalds at Seksyen 9, you have to pay parking. I guess 50 cents an hour is not much when you know this will be used "efficiently and reliably" by MBSA(our local city council) for maintaining our lovely city.



But can someone please tell me who approved this ridiculous thing about parking right next to a bank that everybody have to go to. Its not 50 cents, its 2 dollars. The thing is, everybody needs to use the ATM machines in the Maybank building. On average, a person spends about 2 minutes taking his money and leave. I guess, this is one of those get rich scams, buy a land next to a heavy populated building, get MBSA to run summonses on road side parking and charge people extremely ridiculous $2 per entry for a 2 minute parking. I prefer the meter parking cause its fair. I guess someone was thinking about money when they approved this land to be a parking lot. This is a bad example of a civilized nation, while our gas prices are hiking, our parking is also becoming more and more ridiculous.
Fortunately, the bank opposite to Maybank is not doing the same, BCB seems to be nice and not have such ridiculous things. And conveniently, road side parking is okay over BCB's side, but not okay on the Maybank's side. I guess if people park on the road side, how is Suasa Efektif(M) Sdn.Bhd. gonna make money right. I tried to park right outside where I used to park, but less than a minute out of my car, MBSA goons are out there to summon me. I ran straight back to my car to park my car at the Shah Alam Library infront of maybank to get a parking for the price of a 2 minute walk. I just refuse to pay for something so unjustly capitalizing.

9 comments:

  1. Gone are the days when you can just strolled around in SA. No more free parkings. That's the price we pay for some dude who made SA a CITY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tapi parking sebelah Kompleks PKNS murah...RM 0.80 the first hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joey, just dropping in to say hello :) nice blog u have here. Keep it up. Hmmm, didn't know u were blonde hehe... keep in touch & take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bank needs to put this to its dispense algorithm

    dispense = dispense + RM2

    The extra two bucks can be use to pay the parking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andric,

    Long time no hear from you bro.
    Anyway, nice to hear from you old friend. Thanks for your complements, I try to keep my bitching just in the blogs.

    Anyway, I'm not blond now, but balding. That was an old picture of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joey..

    I have changed my blog spot as well. Cant be arsed with friendster. As a matter of fact, Ive deleted myself from the friendster account. So i shall start my blogging here now..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its evelyne, your kindergarten friend, btw!
    sorry i forgot to mention in my earlier comment! Doh'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, welcome to the blog.
    I'll update your link:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.