Thursday, September 29, 2005

Summons, the Sequel

It's right after sahur, and I cannot make myself to go to sleep. I don't know why....
So I figured that I might as well write something since its been a while since I wrote anything...

The police department finally decides that they would give the Malaysian citizens a break. And so a nationwide promotions was announced to pay your summonses. 50% discounts for all summonses if you pay before the end of the month. Unfortunately, the promotions was more of an act of greed rather than a benevolent act of kindness. Before the promotions was even announced, they sent out threat letters to gullible people like myself to pay our outstanding summonses, and so I did. But right after that, this promotions thing came up. Though I still had outstanding summonses, I wish I had known about this promotions thing earlier. Since I would save about more than RM400 otherwise....

I don't know, if the police department was playing a joke on us or whatever, but I think they forgot that over 24 million people will be paying their summonses nationwide. The first deadline was extended due to long queues and only 3 million managed to pay their summonses on time. The deadline extention gave opportunity for the other 21 million to pay their summonses. And even after the extension, i doubt 21 million people managed to pay their summonses.

The whole thing was a real havoc. What used to take 10 minutes, was 6 hours that day. Due to the abundant amount of people, some was smart to capitalize on the whole thing by selling ice-cream and drinks. Hence the picture of the ice-cream man.
Atleast some good came out of this.....
"Some local small time business traders get to prosper for the Raya season."
I think the police department was so not ready for the whole nationwide promotions things. The queue was long and nobody dared to leave their queue to go pee or buy a drink since one might lose their queue. There are some rude people cutting queues, and the crowd responded with anger, with "Oii's" and "Buta ka (are you blind)". It was hot, it was suffocating, it was long, it was tiring and it was definitely unbearable.
It was a test of mental and physical strength. The weak fall down to the ground. Brave men like myself fought hard to keep my queue. The system was terribly slow and I don't understand why the police department did not spend some money on a ticketing system. Like the postal office and banks. That way nobody needs to stand-up in a line, as if we were waiting for our judgement day call.


Noon was the worst time ever. It was terribly hot....and everybody fought to get some shade. The police department must have known that they will be collecting payments from over 500 people a day!!!! And they did nothing to prepared for that...Nobody went to lunch, prayers or what so ever and I figured the the police collected more than just cash that day, they have also collected some sins.
And yes, I bet the guy in charge thought that they needed more than one counter. So he opened two counters...(yeah two would be enough.....duh!!)
What's sad that Malaysia is still not a caring country. We tell people we are different. We are a caring nation. But the police department proves us wrong. There was no special considerations for the old and injured. I mean, the old folks, veterans over 55, Grand papa and grand mama who hasve to stand in the hot sun without shade, food and water. They were treated like criminals, as if they were guilty for murdering kenny ong or something. It was terribly insensitive. I know this cause I was worried that an old lady, who was standing right infront of me would suddenly faint or suddenly suffer a heart attack.

Anyway, I'm joey reporting live from the police station Seksyen 11 Shah Alam. I tried to take more pictures in the police department. But they pulled me aside for taking pictures. I got a scary pet talk from the police and a threat about putting me in jail without a warrant. Apparently, camera's are not allowed. They just hate the public to find out that while they can easily afford LCD monitors for their solitaire pleasure, they can't afford an automated ticketing counter for the public......

10 comments:

  1. A good one, Joey.....

    I like how you end it!

    p/s: Do I owe them some green notes?
    hhmm..... didn't even have the energy to check my summonses online, what more to queue in the hot sun to be in-line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. errr... dah boleh bayar online la...

    http://www.myeg.com.my/

    wassalam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaa, masa promotion hari down lah....
    and dorang tak update betul data ko, even now....

    Anyway, how are you muniq

    ReplyDelete
  4. aik? aku bayar online je... kena la RM400 lebih jugak ;-)

    buat masa sekarang ni OK je... tak sibuk sgt pun. cuma dianak tirikan je, org lain semua dlm team gi europe, aku sorg je tinggal sini :-(

    wassalam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ye ker semua orang gi europe. Tak aper lah, time ko sampai lah karang....
    Bunyi macam sedih jer. Raya dkt saner maner best pun....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude ko ni tak habis2 lg ker bayar saman. Daripada ko bayar saman baik belanja kita org bukak posa hehehe.

    Aik Munir pun ada kat sini gak. Bila nak belanja aku???

    ReplyDelete
  7. haa, meh lah, aku set jer.
    Tapi bulan posa nie susah sikit lah nak belanja orang. Sebab semua sibuk2 dgn hal-hal memasing.
    Okaylah, lepas raya jer, ko datang rumah aku. Aku belanja ketupat aku anyam sendiri punya. Memang sedap, 13 rempah ratus rahsia punya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gambar yg last tu yg paling mantaps...the expression and the text...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, I do what I can to expose the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maner lah tak nangis, ko cuba tunggu 6 jam, mesti nak nangis gak.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.