Monday, September 12, 2005

From Coder to Plumber

So what did I do during the weekend, when I'm not being a computer geek, pecking away on the keyboard, trying to write codes that could possibly be the only clue for extra-terrestrials to the existence of intelligent life form on earth (I'm exaggerating)?


I'm a plumber
! Yes a plumber. Mind you, its harder than you think it is!!!. I somehow have to justify myself to my parents for still squating in the house. Therefore, I try to be useful to them, and play many roles besides a son which leeches money of them. The roles I usually play are; electrician, plumber, a handy-man, driver, butler, maid, household ornament, the dog picking up news papers, and many more that goes much more worst than just being a dog. I try to think of myself like the "Pretender", a genius in taking multiple roles and doing multiple kinds of jobs. But not as so dramatic that I save the world. I'm a Jack of All Trades, but unfortunately, master of none. Last week, I was the aquatic guy cleaning the pond, this week, I'm the plumber!!!

For some weird reason, the pipe outside the house--where the garden host is attached to--broke out of god knows why. I suspect, Samsiah, our helper, suddenly gone mental and decided to break the pipe faucet just because, she gets a kick out of looking at me doing something in the house besides sleeping. Hehehe, no it must have been due to wear and tear. The broken pipe needs to be fixed, and hence, i put on my plumber cap, bring out the wrench and start wearing some village people clothes.

The task was not as easy, I had to go shopping for a new faucet. And what I got was a industrial standard valve faucet. If it still breaks, then god is just testing my patience. After putting some plumbing tape on the faucet, i used the wrench to finally finish the job while flexing my muscles....hehehe

Job accomplished. Today I'm a Plumber, wonder what I'll be tomorrow?

Dsc00019_1Yes, I know, i know, its counter-clock-wise
if you want to unscrew the pipe.
Do you want to do it instead.
Two onlookers trying their best to
be plumbing consultants.


Dsc00027copy

Almost done, just some adjustments
and mission accomplished.
Where did the other
two consultants go,
don't they want to
celebrate a work well done?




Dsc00029The water filter doesn't talk Fariz.
Fariz trying to flirt with the water filter.
Trying to coerce it to work better.
Water quality has not been good so far.
I told him that it won't work.

1 comment:

  1. mmm...Plumber ha..its remind me of Desprate Housewife!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.