Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Looking for Bukit Tabur, East Side

Last tuesday at about 2pm, I thought about going for some adventures looking for the entrance into Bukit Tabur East Side. After going to the west side of bukit Tabur, I have always been curious about the less popular east side of bukit tabur. I'm planning to go there someday, once I am slightly sure about which route to follow. So that day, was just looking for a way into the east side of bukit tabur. Reaching there, somewhere, close to the Dam, I had to cross a river. There was a small bridge there and the path leads to an unknown settlement. There was some folks staying and taking care of the orchard there, where there were a lot of Durian, Nangka, and several other kind of fruits. I dare not take any fruits to wash my mouth with since the orchard belongs to someone.


While talking to the folks in the settlement area, I am convince there is a path up the east side. The only question is, which way should I go. So I was walking around in this orchard/jungle area for about One and a half hours when suddenly the rain starts falling. It was a clear indicator for me to head back and come back and explore later. Recently, the evening rains are quite heavy, and I didn't want to risk being stuck in heavy mud.

I was in a rush heading back to the car when I realise something sticky on my leg. And when i checked out my leg, I realise I had 3 tiny leeches having a buffet on my feet. It must be a special city boy blood buffet that day. It was not painful, but it was definitely uncomfortable. After losing some blood, I felt hungry and went along looking for some food. I had some meehun soup and alot of teh O ice.

The adventure ends there, but am hoping for another round of exploration to find a suitable path.

6 comments:

  1. Err... gross picture of the leeches... but a well written post. You should consider working for a travel magazine or sumthin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay Anonymous,

    Thanks for the kind words. I might just take your advise on being a writer for a travel magazine. I heard you get to travel a lot. And That would just be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku pun dah lama tak kena belasah dek pacat ...
    Pergi tak ajak punnnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jom lah abah, rasanyer darah ko lagi sedap kut....boleh pacat ader buffet kaki budak IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeeeeee i hate leeches....just thinking abt them makes my hair on my neck stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aper lar joey...ko tak ajak pun..next round trip aku nak itut... can actually snap those ppl at the settlement..might be great for one of my collections.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.