Monday, August 11, 2008

Dead Mechanical Clock

I am not a poet, but for some reason, I can't fall asleep but I have no motivation to do work, and i feel like writing poetry tonight.
Just one of those times....don't laugh
Keep in mind that this is my first attempt, my nephew emil does a better job in writing poetry. He's pretty good actually. So here's mine and it goes like this....

I hear it all the time,
---Monotonous tick and tocks,
Without feeling or without conscience,
---As I put on my socks.
Hoping that it holds the answers,
---But define me it does not,
Contemplating the sounds of a dead mechanical clock,
---It just keep me in an infinite knot,

Like a shooting star with uncharted path,
---Towards another space of darkness,
As wisdom takes me over,
---Nothing's here except the voids of loneliness,
It moves with reason like a sentient being,
---Fully aware and yet no signs of life,
It is undead but unmotivated,
---It tries with no reason to strive,

A sudden burst of movement,
---What was in order is now chaotic,
The ticks are now increasing,
---It makes no sense, it must be cryptic,
Moving in chaos its ready to break,
---It quibbles violently displacing with time,
Everything seems wrong and uncertain--
---An explosion is near just unsure if it is prime.

Once dead, and yet alive--
---Once it was right and in order,
Time progresses and maybe one day,
---A disarray of events fall together,
What once disappeared could reappear,
---In a different form of certainty,
What was once alive in an explosion,
---Can be calm and again deadly.

by Joey aka. Rizal

11 comments:

  1. This is good. I like the 3rd and 4th paragraph. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azwad: Hahaha, serious ker ko nie. I didn't expect a good response for my first try....but hey, maybe I got talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a poet. I'm still learning to write lyrics. Can't give any analysis though but I really think its good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa...bleh la Joey...abih PhD nanti ada satu lagi buku hasil karya ko. :-) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read but not to write
    Coz I know, I am not that bright
    You, my friend have is really smart
    All you need is to express the art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Azwad: Song writers are poets by definition. They write with their heart.

    Keindahanalam: Well, I wont quit my day job:)

    Ayoi: So you're a poet too.
    Now why you take my spotlight...
    You liar, you definitely can write,
    Being humble and say you are not bright,
    I know you just have a lot of insights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joey:
    I'm sorry for stealing the attention
    As I don't have any intention
    I know you do have the passions
    Please continue to entertain us, your loyal audience

    Keep it coming, bro! *wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ayoi: Pandai ko balas pantun yek....hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. jgn tak tau joey... ayoi dulu mmg pemantun, wakil rmc lagi ;) hehehe... anggap je la dier lepas geram :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zatil: Oh, patutlah it comes natural to him. Tak disangka-sangka, berisi juga si Azrul nie. Rasa inferior lak aku. Aku nie saje tgh menggatal test2 skill nie haa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like it..especially the 2nd paragraph. (err, poem has paragraph kan?)

    keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.