Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Visit (part 1)

Mom and dad came and visit me in Kent, Ohio. So I've uploaded some pictures. I arrive the airport, right on time, but apparently, their flight arrived much earlier, due to a tail wind, and they have been waiting for about 15 minutes.

So by the time I arrived, I saw dad waiting....
He looked tired and pissed off. Mom then appeared from the rest room and they both looked tired. So I wasted no time, took the bags and led them to the parking lot. I put their luggage in the trunk and drove ahead to my apartment. I'm sure they wanted to rest. We rested and they slept like a baby that night.
The next day, mom's friends, Auntie Marie Jane from Toronto came all the way to Kent to meet us. They drove 6 hours from Toronto, Canada. They met in a tour trip in Europe, and have been friends ever since through email. Finally, they met again, here in Kent. So we had dinner at a nice restaurant here in Kent. After the meal, we headed back to my house, to let them try some of Malaysian specialty, the Keropok.


The next day, we had lunch with Auntie Marie Jane, and her life mate at a Thai restaurant. After the meal, we continue a journey of 1200 miles towards South Dakota. It was a long drive, and it took us about 3 days to reach there. We also stopped along the way. Here are some pictures of the BadLands and me posing infront of the National Monument, Mount Rushmore.

7 comments:

  1. Allo mommy, daddy....... and Joey...

    wah.... we miss you all lah.
    Wish we were there too.

    Blowing our kisses in the wind.... and hope it'll reach you when you all get to Mount Rushmore.

    Love, hugs and kisses from all of us at home.......
    Fariz, Leila & Emil.

    P/s:
    Joey, why you so thin, already?
    You look taller, too...........
    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. best tu.
    just wondering who are those two white people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey: Hey Joey, you look like you're having a good time with your parents. :-) Happy driving. And owh, I do agree with your sister that you look a bit thinner. Joey Balboa already? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello....still part 1...ha ha ha..when is Part 2 coming?
    We are waiting....
    By the way, no more news from the Philippines -I hope no news is good news.
    Have fun and take care, tell mom & Dad, everything at home is fine. No worries. Fish -well-fed, plants watered, cars washed. Only worry is political situation in Malaysia -Permatang Puah by-election this coming Tuesday -hope no big hooha..
    Oh..petrol price has gone down by 15sen - election sweetener ;-)
    That's all for now, take care all.
    Love from all of us in Shah Alam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joey... must be GRRREEAATTTT to hv ur parents around... U guys look like u're having the time of ur life... :) road trips... *sigh... i miss those...

    Anyway, my love to ur parents... hv more fun...

    PS - and YESS... ur work out is working out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there Joey!

    Phew!! So nice and sweet when your parents visit you. I wish you all the best my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leilanie/Sis: Yeah, I lost some weight, but not so thin lah. I don't know about looking taller. Must be the shirt. Miss you too sis.

    Mnajem: The white people are friends. Hope that satisfy your curiosity. They do have a niece about a bit younger than your age. You want me to get her phone number?

    Ash: Balboa I am not yet. But think it will take a little longer lah. Since my parents datang, makan sedap jer, dah naik balik 4 pound. All the hard work....habis. Have to start running again.

    Fariz: Competition is good. Its nice that democracy is working and we see healthy competition. Sweetener for the rakyat is good, for a change....oh yeah, part 2 is coming soon.

    EyeKnee: Yea, its awesome to have my parents around:) As for my diet and workout regime, I think it is working. I'll give some tips after you finish pantang....hehehe, you might need it.

    lill: Don't know who you are, but sure....thanks....

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.