Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tupperware Wifi Gateway

I needed some kind of wireless router to work outdoors. So I used the embedded chip and programmed it to work as a router. I didn't have time to make it look nice and sexy, so the first thing I thought of was using a tupperware. Hey, it says that the GLAD tupperware is microwave safe and dish washer safe. So I'm sure I can put it outdoors without any problems. I thought this Tupperware Wifi Gateway looks funny and decided to share it with you. It's suppose to eventually be more than just a gateway, but I'm still working on that. As for now, I'm trying to make it more portable. It's hard carrying this thing around with wires hanging everywhere.

Until my work is done, this terrible looking prototype is what i have to work with while adding more functionality to the device. But for now, this thing should work and help me play around with it a little bit more, until I get a proper casing for it that is...

7 comments:

  1. Amazing!

    You are really a talented person just like that TV hero, Macgyver!

    Solutions always come to people who think and apply their knowledge :)

    This is inspiring.
    You make me what to solve a current problem that I'm having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aswad: Macgyver is my childhood hero. But what I did is nothing amazing compared to Macgyver. Anyway, what's your current problem? You are making us curious, write it in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems looked like a UFO. Maybe it's a call for extraterrestrial stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free iklan for Tupperware hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. mnajem: Yea, the truth is out there.

    BPS: You can say it that way....its a good tupperware.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont know why...reminds me of mork and mindy...

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.