Have you ever had people cut in front of you in a queue. Well, orang2 ini memang kurang ajar.
Unfortunately, rude people who cut in queue will always exist. Some with reasonable justification, and others with no reason what so ever. In Malaysia, I have experienced this happening to me many times. Especially the queue to the ATM. Though this is indeed a small matter, we should never tolerate such behavior. We cannot keep quiet cause that's going to ruin our mood. We have to stop queue cutters because, it makes people angry and will ruin someone's day. And that someone is going to ruin someone else's day and so on and so on. It will be a social chain reaction gaining negative angry energy outwards towards the community. Eventually, it will gain enough energy to be a social nuclear explosion. Hehehe, of course I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea. So stop the chain reaction occurring and escalating into a social nuclear explosion, you have to stop the chain reaction at the core.
The video above is one of the common methods that people use to cut queue.
Of course there are some exceptions.
1) Some people cutting a queue going to the toilet. They just have to pee and they can't wait. Usually ask, "Cik tolong, saya tak tahan nie, karang terkencing kat sini"
2) In cases of emergency, some people cut in line to use a telephone booth to call the police. You shouldn't be angry at this people. Their justification usually goes, "saya kena pakai tepon, emergency nie"
3) A pregnant with water just broke...."ketepi, beri laluan, nak terberanak".
I'm sure there are a few exceptions not listed here.
In any other cases, I have never tolerated queue cutters and always confronted them. However, in the past, I always thought that I didn't handle the matter smooth enough. I tend to get angry or end up in an argument. I guess, the best way to handle this issue is to remain calm. Some websites suggested the following method:
1) Get a witness. Ask the person behind you or in front of you if they saw the person cut in line. Doing so will help you get people to agree with you.
2) Nicely and quickly approach the person cutting the queue by politely asking a straight forward question. Like, "excuse me, I believe there is line here that starts over there and it looks like you just cut in line."
3) If an argument starts, I suppose its just not worth fighting over it. But the main idea is remain calm.
So be calm is the main idea here. Before blurting out ##$@$# .."get in line you idiot". Instead breath in, breath out.....find your zen and rethink and follow the suggested steps above. good luck and save the world from a social nuclear explosion.