Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A little snow is a hassle, a lot of snow is hurray!!!

Recently, I have not been able to find the time to write something on my blog.
I have been busy reading journals about network protocols for P2P, mainly,
the PASTRY protocol and MADPASTRY and papers about WSN (Wireless
Sensor Networks), aside from hacking alpine(or pine) to connect to the IMAP
server at my work station while doing hw for Advance Computer Architecture
and Algorithms Design classes. It has been over bearing, and I have hardly any
time to eat, what more to blog.

What I hate most is the snow. Not that because it is cold, cause I like the cold
weather, but it is such a hassle. It makes me late to go to class and the driving
conditions can be nasty.

Since yesterday it started snowing. And last night, I was busy trying to
finish up my work due today. I was terribly tired and what I thought was
a short break shutting my eyes for 5 minutes, was an unexpected sleep for
a few hours.

I woke up at 8.45 am, and my class suppose to start at 9.15 am. With my work
only half done, i was bitching and angry for falling asleep. So I quickly dressed up
and packed my stuff to class. Here is why the snow is such a hassle. In a moment
of haste, I still need to scrape the snow off my windshield, and wait for my car to
heat up before i start moving. The whole ordeal takes about 15 minutes, and so I
only have 10 minutes to drive to class. I want to drive fast, but, with the snow,
everybody was cruising at about 15 miles per hour. I too am a bit cautious with
driving in the snow.

I reached my parking lot, just about 9.15 am. I parked my car and run fast towards
the CS building. By the time I reach my class, i was sleepy, tired and wet. During
class I even fell asleep snoring. Luckily kak Shima woke me up.

After the 9.15 am class, I gave up about finishing my work. It was still snowing.
I checked my email and there was an email for weather alert. Apparently, classes
after 12.30 pm is all cancelled. Yeeeee...hhaaaa.....So a little snow is a hassle, but
a lot of it, can be a blessing. So I have another day to finish my work. Had I known,
I would just sleep soundly last night.

Kak Shima and myself were very happy. We took some pictures besides the heavy snow. Yeah, we are old people above 30, but we still like kids and happy to skip some classes:)

And so, you have that big smile, i'm going back and have a good sleep.

3 comments:

  1. bro, have you try mutt? I can connect to google impas but having hard time to connect to my exchange imap.. crap punya MTA...grrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sorry bro.
    I still use pine.
    I connect to my schools IMAP using pine.
    I use the web for getting mails of gmail.
    I hardly think this is the right place to be technical....you probably get better answers on the konai mailing list. Anyhow, on pine, i use IMAP over SSL. I just put to get my mails from IMAP with {servername.edu/tls}INBOX, that should be good enough to read your mails....hope the same way might work for you.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.