Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow Day!!! Mother Nature must love me.

It's now in the middle of the semester. And suddenly, all my classes are in 6th gear, going 100 miles per hour on a winding road with full of bumps. Indeed the pace is now more erratic unlike a few weeks ago, where everybody was cruising on a beach road with birds chirping and flamingo birds dancing. I may have underestimated the extend of graduate courses. No more books, no more notes, just research papers that took hours to understand and very dull to read, especially if it is not of your interest area.


Last Tuesday was the day that I was suppose to meet my future Supervisor to discuss on a new setup for a new experiment. I am expected to read a few papers and specification of the new device and various hardware interfaces for the experiment. At the same time, I had 2 papers to present, which was heavily referenced. And when I got the email about weather alert, I was so damn happy. Snow day.....Yes, a declared emergency day due to heavy snow. Thank god, ader one more day to relax.


To be sure, I emailed my Supervisor, and he told me the meeting is still on. Apparently, he's in campus and expects me to be there anyways. So I quickly got ready to drive to campus. It wasn't like I was tired, but it's so cold. And the amount of work I have to do just to drive my car. Buried under 9-10 inches of snow, I have to scrape the snow of my windshield and dig snow out of my path, cause the snow was too high for me to reverse out without the snow getting into my exhaust.


Well, after the meeting, I was tired and cant wait to get back home, eat and sleep. But as I was driving home, I saw Kak Shima's kids playing in the snow. So I figured why not. I'm going to be a kid, be silly for a bit and just enjoy the snow day. After all, it's not like it snows this heavy everyday. I got out of my car, ran in the snow and lay down in the soft smooth icy cool snow. I was glad that I took the time to loosen up some stress and just watch the clouds rolling over the skies.


Anyhow, what I thought was 5 minutes, end up to be almost an hour. The kids and I spent some time playing snowball wars. We also spent some time making a snow man. It was a small snowman, but cute nonetheless, just like me....hehehe

10 comments:

  1. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bestnye main snowww...jelesss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he he. Joey and the snowman! :-P Don't get lazy now, get crackin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh..jelesnye....grrr....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tinchun: Yeah, arggghhh, bila nak datang melawat aku nie....

    Ashterix/ami: Sejuk, sape kata tak sejuk, balik demam tu babe.

    julia: Tak lah best sangat, lagi best main dgn pasir dkt pantai kut. At least its warm.

    Ash: Yeah, lazy me, aper nak buat, dah tua.

    Shu: Ala, ko pun dkt sane ader snow gak, kena pergi tempat yang heavy lah sikit...travel lah sikit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ala..tak tebal mcm tmpt ko (tp tmpt aku mmg tkde).....takpe..tahun depan aku pi banjaran2 yg ada snow tebal plak.ahaks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shue: Yea, aku pun nak gie cari tempat yang ader banjaran sikit nie. For the summer, I hope to go hiking and bila snow balik nak gie snow boarding....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lucky you get the snow...I was wishing and praying hard that there will be snow here in Europe. But...I was too late...Should have come here in Dec! kekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Evelyne/Pure_evs: Well, Europe is just cool anytime of the year. Wanna trade places.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.