Saturday, March 01, 2008

Chef Joey....Maybe Not

The most time consuming thing for me is cooking. But if I don't cook I don't eat. And that can be a bad thing. Also, I have to take care of the things I eat, meaning a well balance diet.

But having a good well balance diet, also involves selecting your food carefully and cook a few kinds of meals. But I am too lazy for that, so all I do make sure is that I have some meat, some vegetables and some fruits.

I wish I can just buy food outside. However, I cannot possibly buy food outside every single day because that's going to eat through my pocket really fast. So I have to settle for a little work cooking. So far my cooking quality is really bad, such that the things I cook, I wouldn't want to eat twice. But out of some random occurrence, I think one of my cooking is actually chef quality....or maybe I perasan, or maybe I was just too hungry to even realize the real reality of my cooking quality.

But it looks good at that time, so I decided to take a picture of my masterpiece. Frankly, I have no idea what it was. I was so hungry coming back from class, that I just throw things together. I took the prawns out, cause it would be faster to defrost than meat. I just tumis(simmer) some onions and belacan (prawn paste) , throw in kicap masin, oyster sos, kicap manis, tomatos, chili paste and whatever seems right. I threw in the prawns and after 5 minutes it still looks kinda dull. I went looking in my fridge and saw some vegetables, and thought, this could be good to have some vegetable and fiber. Threw it in as well and after another 5 minutes, i thought it still looked dull. I went looking around my shelves, and saw some tomato paste. Think this would be good to add some color to my cooking. Threw it in my wok, and finally wala..... The end result was the one above. When my rice cooker was done, I tried my masterpiece, and damn it was good. I was thinking (berangan) I could be a chef if it was this good all the time, like in the animated movie ratatouille. But then again, its probably good just because I was hungry.

12 comments:

  1. wow, you have added a new skill in your life which is cooking skill. I have too actually since my house mate left, now I cook a lot just to de-stress myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad: Cooking is indeed a artistic skill. And if one have time, mmg it is a form of relaxation gak. Good that you are cooking, the knowledge to cook nie mmg a nice skill to have, mcm survival skills gak....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhehee wa..tahniah2..keke..Sejak aku stay dgn medical doctor ni jadi more healthy. Cooking is good since you can control the ingredients. So keep up your good works! ahaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooking is a tool of a trade bro... chicks magnet.. you better learn bro.. :p... think of naked chef!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, lg senang kalau ko follow resipi on the net.

    eg
    http://www.resipi.net/
    http://makan.cari.com.my/
    http://resepi.mesra.net/

    Even my wife sometimes to refer to the net to cook :p

    Btw, your cooking looks yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what marjan said. word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keindahanalam/Shue: Yeah, have to cook, in my case its survival.

    Marjan/Jep: Hmm, I never saw it that way. But if chics dig it, there's no harm in learning it right.

    Microkernel/Mohtar: Thanks for the recipe references, boleh aku try benda2 lain lak.

    Amran: Hmmm, if cooking gets chics, you'll be seeing the next varient of Naked Chef, "The Sarong Chef"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Iron Chef, you sambal udang looks good. Hope you still remember the recipe when we get there, so that you can display your culinary skill.
    Bye for now Iron Chef, very good efforts you got there.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Cheers...from all of us in No.5, Shah Alam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. would've eaten this photo man! looks gooooood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hah... u wrap ur stove top with foil too... i do it all the time.. except now i don't have to cos everyday housekeeping will clean my stove top, sink, floors, room, etc for me..

    The food looks YUMMY... and suddenly my stomach's making these weird rumbling sound...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo Joey... it looks scrumptious! Even from the photo I could tell that I would have eaten it a second (well, maybe not a second. :-P). Owwhhh ini kerja ko kat KSU ek..... he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks absolutely wonderful, Joey.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.