Friday, March 28, 2008

Chicago, Illinois

Here I was in the middle of Chicago City, at the Union Station(left). Standing and acting cool in front of the river thats flows to Lake Michigan. I found my way later to the Field's Museum(right), it was said to be the must visit place.


The museum had a couple of interesting artifacts, it was very huge, but an interesting exhibit that caught my attention was the Inside Ancient Egypt. It was said that after researchers in Saqqara, Egypt, excavated two of the original chambers from the tomb of Unis-ankh, son of the Fifth Dynasty ruler Pharaoh Unis. The mastaba (tomb) of Unis-ankh forms the core of a spellbinding exhibit that realistically depicts scenes from Egyptian funeral, religious, and other social practices. I put on my Dr. Indy Rizal hat and tried to decipher the heliographic writings on the walls. When I was younger, I always imagined to be the adventurous historian and archaeologists Dr. Indiana Jones.

After helping out pulling the large slab of stone from the pyramid's and discovering the secret of Unis-ankh and the book of the dead (me imagining again), i found myself hurrying off to search for another dangerous mystery. But I did, take some pictures before that. Here I am taking some pictures, with the Chicago City background. Think you can see Sears Tower behind me, disappearing in the clouds.



My other dangerous mystery was actually my growling stomach. I was told that a must try in Chicago was the famous Deep Dish Stuffed Pizza at Giordano's World Famous Stuffed Pizza.
I walk there and Giordano had already a bunch of people queuing up. I had to stand for about 30 minutes to try the famous pizza.
I had a great meal of cheese, tomatos, mushrooms and a really thick pizza. It was alright....it wasn't like amazing, but it was good. Good enough for me to save myself from hunger.:)

7 comments:

  1. Kat Chicago pun ader cerita pasal Egypt. I found it in a few city kat Europe pun ada Egyptian Building and artifacts. Hope one day bleh sampai sana jugak.(Chicago Hope ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey: Looking forward to go up north to your place and Chicago when its a bit warmer. I think I've got a pic of me dgn Sears tower as background, tapi tak ingat mana letak.

    Tunggu kedatangan kami....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keindahanalam/shue: Kat maner2 ader cerita pasal Egypt. Dalam tv pun ader. Well, we all must have hope right....without hope, it will be a dull world.

    Ayoi: Sure, hope you guys can come and visit. I'm sure you guys can crash at my place for a few days if you wish to, but you and your wife got to do the cooking lah. Aku teringin gak rasa masakan korang, after looking at the pictures you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. erkkk sears tower tuh boleh naik ataih tak maciam empire state building?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok joey, for sure mesti kena masak punyer... takkan nak harap makan kat luar je kan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. singautara/yuk: yes you can yuk. But it makes no sense to go up sears that day, visibility was totally zero. So I would be standing in the clouds. Though that might be interesting, I don't want to be strike by lightning, and yet still not able to take some good pictures.

    Zatil: hahaha, im joking jer about the cooking. But i wouldnt complain if you do wish to cook. So bila nak datang nie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. En. Rizal, I think I ate at the same pizza shop when I was there!

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.