Thursday, February 05, 2009

Back to work!!!

Its been a while since I've wrote anything on my blog. The last time I wrote anything was right before finals. Then I got too busy. Nope, not busy with work, but busy having fun. I traveled back home to Malaysia and had a good time. They say home is where there is people thinking of you. Yes, I miss home, I miss my family, my cousins, I miss the weather, I miss my friends, I miss the food.

But it was not long and I had to go back to Ohio and start work. But before I started work, I just had to get the vacation mood out of my system. So I went snow boarding. Yes, I figured, I have to do this first before I really start work. And so I did.

I used to remember being really good at snow boarding. Or maybe I thought I was good at it. For some reason, snow boarding is easier to me than skiing. I've learned a while back that me on skis can be very clumsy. I just can't handle two pieces of planks stuck to the bottom of my feet. I feel like a duck learning how to walk. But snow boarding comes naturally. One plank is definitely easier to handle than two. A while back I remembered falling many times and feel no pain. A while back I can go down a double black diamond with no fear. A while back I can flip in the half pipe with no concern in my mind other than how cool I'd look at the tip of the pipe.


But I soon realized that maybe I was not so good before. Or maybe the air here is like kryptonite making me weak. Or could it be the snow here is far different from Philly. Or could it be, by a remote chance that I am getting old? Neah.....that couldn't be it. So after a few tries on the staging hill, I figured I'm fully calibrated and ready to handle the fiercest hill in the valley. I used to be able to handle a double black diamond. So how much harm can a single black diamond hill do to me, right? So after taking the lift up the hill, I went for the advanced black diamond hill called TIGER. It sounds fierce enough.....and "ONE" should be careful going down a black diamond hill....especially "ONE" who comes not from a country where there's a winter season. But maybe that "ONE"...is not for Joey. Me being me arrogant self again thinks I'm superman and was eager to fly down the hill.


I slowly approach the tip of the slope and position myself in a cool stance preparing myself. As I cut the snow down the hill, the first few seconds, I was looking good. Then suddenly the speed catch up really fast...and I.....wooopppsss....Well, I flew alright...I flew down the hill like no other. I flew down the hill backwards and upside down.....Like Jack I came down the hill tumbling over and over, just without the bucket.

It was a nice session snow boarding. However, I was aching all over. I seem to have hurt my wrist much from the impact I take during a fall. And the moment I reach home, I was so exhausted I slept straight away, only to wake up realizing bruises here and there.

The next day was even worst, besides the bruises, I got myself a flu and fever.
Well, I guess now I need recovery time before I start work. This sick time will help me get out of the vacation mood definitely.

2 comments:

  1. boleh letak syrup rose pada snow and makan ais kepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. joey, aku dah tried ice skating. susah. emm, sbb tu pertama kali in the blades. tp aku rasa it wasn't that bad for a 1st timer mcm aku. hahah. anyway, all the best for this semester!

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.