Saturday, January 12, 2008

Days before departure

Exactly 1 week before my departure to the united states, I had a lot of partying and karaoke-ing with friends. Well, I had to try to get it out of my system before I will embarked into a life of monotonous study. But the best is the doa selamat/dinner session with family and friends. What I would miss most is the company of family members, cute nieces, and naughty nephews. Even though I have always taken it for granted, I really miss my nephews and nieces now. Yea, being alone here gives me no outlet to bully my little nephews and nieces. Sometimes its just fun looking at how they think and how they react as i toy with their minds. It's like a psychological experiment that I get to play with. But the most joy is to see them getting smarter as they grow older, slowly being wiser and less gullible to my mind games. Anyway, the picture on the left is Arissa, and her mother(my eldest sister). This picture was taken before the doa selamat in the house. Thank you uncles and aunties who took their time to come for prayers at my house from Zohor onwards.



Right after Zohor and doa selamat we were tired. The Zohor session was specifically for relatives and family friends, and the dinner session was reserved for my friends only. So hence, during the interim, we tried to get some rest, while chit-chatting with cousins and all. To the right is a picture of Uncle Chik, and his family. My favorite cousins.





Just the two of us. Yes, it was not hard to get Aryanna to make a cute pose on camera. She just loves the camera. On the left is baby Aryanna and I trying to make a "Just the two of Us" video clip.







Emil is no longer a baby anymore, but I still remember him like one. But he is now much cooler, and plays the guitar. Just like his uncle, who is also a cool guitarist....heheheeh;)....(perasan sikit tak perlah)

Here Emil and I posing for a hard rock, heavy metal album cover.







Here is another picture of two of my nieces posing to be a pair of cute little japanese girls.
It was hard to get the both of them pose like this together. Syncronization is almost impossible, but I managed to snap a picture in between the few milliseconds they stayed syncronized.




After the Zohor and doa selamat, the dinner session eventually came, and I think there were about 70-80 people who came that night from my diverse set of friends. I thank you to all my friends to take the time coming to my dinner session, where I managed to say last goodbyes and resetting the counter of sins.

I didn't managed to take any pictures, mainly cause I was busy walking around and saying goodbyes to friends.
But I would like to say thank you to my IIUM friends; the tech guys, apek, makrie and jamiri, Syed and wife, Tinie and her friends, Najmi, Hamwira, Sadri and Aishah, and Dr. Murni and her family; my Mimos friends--Afrezal, Suzie, Apai, Shahril and family; my MBA friends--Helmi and family, Azhar, Zaini, Razali, and Hafiz and family; my Business friends--Sahar and Azlanar; my MRSM friends--Ainnie, Fairuz (specky), and Loqman; My Mypm friend--Mr cool Shuhardi; My DRB and OSS buddy--Jep; My Shah Alam friends--Syirman, Sham, Ayen, Marina, Leha, Fero, Juita and Julia; My TNB scholar friends--Babang and Anuar(ustad) and Lastly my lovely cousins, Gigie, Bubut and Jogie. Unfortunately, i have no pictures to put up during this session. I might have forgotten a lot of names, I'm sorry in advance, but do remind me about it.



Exactly 3 days before leaving, even in my busy schedule, I just had to go to Apek's wedding. Apek aka Firdaus is now happily married to Suhana. I just had to say last goodbye to Apek and wish him all the best in his years to come as a good husband. Also said my last goodbye to makrie, my young hiking partner.



So that was it, the rest 2 days was just more karaoke-ing......and quality time with family.

4 comments:

  1. hey joey! i sent a message on FB..but i guess you haven't read it yet..anyway, congratulations and best wishes on your PhD journey. proud to see a friend of mine being where u are now. where are u anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a nama aku takde... takpe takpe :-|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, sorry, you know lah I'm a bit absent minded. Dah add dah nama hang...saper lah lagi aku lupa nie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey..bestnyer sempat pegi kenduri Suhanna and Apek..so meriah...

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.