Thursday, January 10, 2008

Last trip with friends, Bandung

Now that I'm waiting for the semester to start, looks like I have some time to do some writing in my blog.
So let me talk about what I did before leaving for the states. About 2 weeks before leaving for the United States,
my friends and I went to Bandung just to have some fun. We were a group of 7 people, Ayin, Syirman, Suzie, Apai, Rizduan, Afrezal and myself.

Our flight was about 9.30 am, so we were suppose to gather at the LCC Terminal at about 7.30 am in the morning. And so we did, except for the few of us. That cause some delay in our plan. Anyhow, we took our own sweet time and by the time we realise it, it was already 9.15am.

Anyway, they called our name for about 10 times and we had to hold everybody before we get on the plane. Everybody looked pissed as we were the last few to walk towards empty sits in the airplane.



So we finally arrive at the Bandara Husein Sastranegara Bandung. And so the first day in Bandung, I called my cousin Ismail, who is studying to be a doctor in Bandung. He arrange a van and a driver to bring us around the the interesting shopping places. Later on, we extended our drivers contract to drive us around for the next 3 days. I didn't shop much mainly because I had not a clue of what to buy. I'm not a shopping freak but i'm sure my childhood friend evelyne would enjoy it very much. But after going to the FOS spot of Bandung, we went to Paris.....Not Paris France, but Paris Van Java....a Paris like environment in Bandung. It was indeed a cool place to be, the cooling air, the sweet crowd....literally, they were sweet, the cool environment and of course accompanied with cool friends.

The second day we went to Jakarta.
A we managed to have some fun at Hard Rock Jakarta. Afrezal sneakingly told the band about me leaving for my Phd. and tomy surprise the band called me up stage and I had to go upstage to sing leaving on the jet plane with the band.

We like the band a lot, so finally, Afrezal and I, looked for our favorite singers and took a picture together with the band.




The third day we went to the summit of TangkubanParahu, a dead volcano crater. We didn't know it was going to be cold, so we left that morning wearing t-shirts. When we arrived the summit, we were pissed of at the driver for not telling us that it was going to be cold up the summit. We only realise that we were dope by the driver, as soon as we got down, where scores of men surrounded us to sell cold weather items. It was very windy and cold. Finally we gave up, and we had to buy cold weather clothing to stop the shivering.





After the interesting experience up the mountain, we continued to go shopping. After tired shopping for items at Pasar Besar for kain and baju melayu, we then stopped to have some dinner. It was all very interesting.










The 4th day came so soon, we had to pack our bags and went to the airport early. Its unfortunate that we had to leave so early, but all of us had to go back to work and back to our lives we call reality.

It was an interesting experience, and I shall always remember it....
It's not really the place, not really the people too, but i guess it was a synergy of these two elements, that makes it unforgetable.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey! Looks like you had loads of fun there! I am so envious! He he he he. :-P Good luck next week ok?

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.