Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

I'm finally leaving on a jet plane and the thought of going off for the next 4 years can make one in a state of ambivalence, tearing the heart into two. So heavy hearted to leave the ones you love, but yet excited to embarked in a new adventure in life.

Since my flight was on the 8th at 12.30 am in the morning, we left the house at about 9pm. Mom, Dad, Kak Leila, Emil and Abg. Fariz came together with the same car. Kak Lanie came later, from her house with Abg. Rizman and Aryanna. While waiting for my boarding time about 11.15 pm, we took a family portrait picture. Kak Lanie and Abg. Rizman is not in the picture, cause Aryanna was already sleepy and moody, and she had to entertain her to sleep on the bench.



Although I didn't invite any friends to the airport, cause if I were to invite my friends, the airport would be packed, and I would like to concentrate most on my family during the last few hours before leaving on a jet place, Syirman and Afrezal came anyways. Syirman sneak out from work and Afrezal came right after work from cyber. Thanks guys to drop by and see me go off.






Also who came by was Uncle and Auntie who was very supportive to see me go off, also donated a book in doa-doa. Which will help me pray for guidance whenever I'm lost in a foreign land.








Finally a group picture, dad was not in the picture, cause he's the one taking the picture. Syirman and Afrezal had to leave cause Syirman got to go back to work before his office realizes that he is not around. And I had to get on board on the plane since it was already boarding time.


Just as I was going through immigrations, I look behind at my family as they wave me off. Already now, I'm feeling so lonesome I could cry. While on the plane, sitting in economy class, I looked through the window, staring at the airport, as images of my family, my friends, my belongings, my country flashes by in my mind. All that I love whom I will be leaving behind, all that I care that I will miss a lot, and all that I know will have to remain as memories. I know I will miss all of it a lot, I know that I won't be able to be part of it anymore for the next 4 years or more, and at that moment my heart feels broken, teared apart and shattered.

All I can say is, I'm leaving on a jet plane, and I don't know when I'll be back again. Ohhh, I really hate to go........

4 comments:

  1. how sweet..ur mom sure looks like she's going to miss you a lot! and ur sis came well prepared too, a whole box of tissue in her hand! are u homesick???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, yea, i miss my family a lot too. It feels like i'll be leaving for a very long time. Home sick?? Not yet....but i suspect that will happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hemm i've a thought nak pi airport jugak,but since i heard you didn't invite friends for the reason takut ramai sangat aku pun tak pi la.. kang jenuh ko nak layan/hug sorang-sorang.

    nice to know you doing well there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, its ok, my friends who came pun datang uninvited. But its the thought that counts. So kalau hang terfikir pun, aku really appreciate it. Thank you very much Najmi.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.