Monday, April 28, 2008

Joey Balboa

I'm sure a lot of you have been inspired by the movie Rocky before. If you have not, maybe you should watch Rocky I, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, Rocky V and Rocky Balboa (last sequel for now). Yes, 5 sequels after the first Rocky in 1976. It was the most successful movie for Sylvester Stallone, won a lot of awards and one of the best UnderDog Movie ever made. On the left is a picture of the famous scene of Rocky running up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and it has become a cultural icon.

I myself have ran up these stairs before, just to have the pretend experience of Rocky ... and replaying my childhood dreams overcoming huge hurdles like Rocky Balboa.

Well, sometimes, in life, we often give up, but we have to continue, like Rocky says, "It ain't about how hard we can hit, but how hard we can get hit, and keep moving on". Sometimes, we lie down too long and by the time we know it, our next opportunity is gone. So we have to always stand up and continue, before the count down is over. Time is limited and we have to be committed.

Speaking of which, I too have set myself into a time commitment. One of it, is to exercise more and work harder on my research. So, on the exercise part, I decided to utilize my extra empty room and turn it into an exercise room.

Yesterday, I went to pick up my exercise equipment. Someone was selling off their weighlifting set, so I decided to get it for 45 bucks.

So before summer ends, I'll be exercising to better myself and have my muscles toned....just like Rocky. My target, by the end of summer--and the background rocky theme song starts playing, tgh perasan nie--I will be Joey Balboa.

14 comments:

  1. Nasiblah bukan Terminator yang diminati ye...kalu tak jadik Senator Joey plak dah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs. curmudgeon: Hahaha, I'm not much of a politian, but Senator Joey has a nice ring to it. Who knows...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This is the geatest night in the history of my life... I just wanna say one thing... Yo Adrian! I did it!" ~ Rocky Balboa (from Rocky I )

    ReplyDelete
  4. cyberizman: Yes, the movie has a lot of great quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, 45 bucks for a weightlifting set? You could get a cheap Mortimer guitar for that price lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nih rocky version brapa nih? rocky 1,2,3 ka the latest punya? kena carik lembu gantung la bang baru besshhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa...I kinda agree with you about the exercise thing. Doing a research, you really need to exercise. Kalau tak otak beku susah nk gerak.hehe.nak play volleyball tkde geng..keep up ur good works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. med/emil: Yeah, u are right,but i'm eyeing for something better than 45USD.

    Qawy: Lembu gantung takde lagi lah bro, la nie baru rocky 2, nanti lah aku hit 60 baru lah rocky balboa.

    Shu: Ko exercise ker kat saner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeap..hari2 aku jalan kaki ke Uni about a mile (25-30minutes)pegi dan 30 minutes walk masa balik..rumah aku lak mcm atas bukit sket..so time balik tu daki bukit sket la dlm 120steps..hahaha.., then aku subscribe jugak la kt Uni nyer gym..kdg time lunch aku gi gym.Kurang sket ngantuk bila baca journal kalo exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. shu: Gila jauh yer nak berjalan ker uni, aku drive gie kelas, tapi parking jauh sikit, so kena walk about 2 minutes to CS building, tu pun aku malas nak berjalan. As for the gym facilities, aku tak sempat nak gie lagi. But as soon as I get myself back in shape, ill check out the wall climbing gym kat sini....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joey: I do hope you'll be able to fulfill your dream of becoming Joey Balboa. Jangan barang tu berkarat sebab tak guna dah la. That time mau kau jadi Joey Bebola.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ayoi/Azrul: Aku rasa possibility jadi Joey Bebola instead of Balboa tu highly possible. Kalau ikut experience lah kan, benda exercise nie hangat2 tahi ayam jer selalu...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Joey, hats off to you for being motivated to lose weight and gain muscle! This is something that needs self-discipline, and it is a strong willed person that can keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ash: Keeping up with the habit is the real challenge. I'll try my best, but if tak jadi, at least I tried...hehehe....i think its more like, i hate to leave the empty room empty. Rasa rugi lak bayar rent, tu yang kena utilize gak tu.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.