Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Human Element

I live alone in my small tiny apartment, and I must admit, my best friend is the TV, where I get to see the world in many ways, bending the space-time continuum to go back in time in the History channel, and warp ahead of time in the Science channel. I also get to see parallel universe of how our lives could be different if we were to do things differently. Other than that, I also get to learn all kinds of knowledge, from mathematics, home science, humanities, philosophy, musicology, physiology, biology, humorology, ... and etc-ology, just an abundant source of knowledge besides google-logy.

An interesting idea in an advertisement on the science channel is that humans are still trying to understand the world that we live in--in all aspects of life. To understand the world better, we try to classify things, and study the things around us. Hence, we create the periodic table with all kinds of elements that exist in this world. However, we are still trying to understand what makes us human. And the idea in the advertisement says that if we try to include ourself, the human element (Hu) in the periodic table, we can probably see how we tend to interact in the world that we live it, and the things that makes us special and what makes humanity.

If we try to put the human element, maybe we can understand a lot of things. Particularly, the human element would have two types, or maybe 4 according to some. Man, Woman, Man trap in a Woman's body, Woman trap in Man's body. Having that thought in mind, i received a funny email. The email tries to put humans in the periodic table. The human element (Hu) that they tried to classify was woman. I find it interesting, because its one of the first attempt to put humans on the periodic table.

This attempt of putting a human in the periodic table is ridiculous but yet could probably bring a lot of insights. Like any scientific endeavors, it will receive much criticism, and I'm sure a lot would criticize the validity or accurateness of such claims. But I think it is probably a brave start for such discovery and may help evolve to a lot more of interesting theories.

I'm sure a lot of man will agree with me that woman are impossible to understand. So maybe this attempt of classification of the human element will help us understand more about woman.

On the other hand, i know i will get a lot of hate comments here....But for the sake of science, and the advancement of humankind, I'm willing to take the risk....:)

11 comments:

  1. Dude,

    Start meditating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err... Joey... Sorry I think it is a silly table! He he he he. As a would be social scientist, human behavior cannot be quantified or systematically categorized into a table. Each 'specimen' is not the same as another. :-P But if you want to discuss gender differences in communication, we can always have an interesting chat session. Ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous: I've been meditating for a long time, so i figured why not.

    ash: It is a silly table to come up with, but still very funny, imagine if we had the whole spectrum of these human elements....wonder how it would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey: Entry kau kali ni reminds me of the movie 5th Element. Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. It really shows how human element can be part of the other elements (wind, water, air, earth). Human element is the most complex of all.

    But, I wished I was as lucky as Bruce Willis. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayoi/Azrul: Don't we all wish we are as lucky as Bruce Willis. And im sure some wish they were like Milla Jovovich gak....but tu yang aku kata, the human element have 4 types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey: Basically there are only 2 types yg exist. The other 2 is the diversity from the root element. Sometimes the other 2 types ni get too creative, sampai susah nak differentiate yg original types.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ya. BTW, aku tak pernah lupa bagi ikan kau makan tiap kali aku singgah sini. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ayoi/Azrul: I'mnot sure about the types lah kan, ker yang the other two types to element yang tak pure. About my fish, please dont forget to feed them.Dorang get restless gak kalau org tak bagi makan....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. who is this ayoi ah?? I think i wanna become friends la ngan dia... I love 5th elements punya cerita.. and love his train of thoughts...

    anyway, i find the table hilarious... think i'm gonna print one, laminate and put it up in my toilet mirror for shah to see... i know he'll agree with 90% of it...

    hate comments?? naahhhh... people need to make love.. not WAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are becoming like Tom Hank, living on an island with his best friend Wilson.
    But its good to make friends with your surrounding, especially if you stay alone. That way you won't be lonely, you can have friends to talk to when you are bored. I used to make friends with all my things in my room, one of my best friend is my screw driver, his name is Stanley, and of course my other friend is my radio, he is called Philip. Stanley is quite useless without me, he cannot stand on his own,very dependent on me, while Philip tend to talk to much at times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fariz: Hmmm, giving names to objects. Sounds a bit crazy, though I think it can help with the loneliness. I'll try that....hmmm, maybe I'll start with calling my car Nissa, my tv toshi, my microwave emmy and my laptop currently named Debby.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.