Monday, July 28, 2008

New Mrxvt config

I've been using mrxvt for quite a while now. And I love it, it gives me the power of a light weight terminal like rxvt and still having multiple tabs to switch between terminals. But lately, when I ran mrxvt, i get funny deprecated warnings. It seems that my config (.mrxvtrc) file is already too old to be used.
Hence, I went online looking for the latest possible config file I can plagarize. I'm too lazy to figure it out myself.
Sure enough, the open source community has been good in sharing, and there is a ready template for anyone to play with. I got myself the config file and edited a few options.
I ran mrxvt and now its exactly the way I wanted it, with pseudo tranparency (you can have full tranparency if you want, but it will be too heavy for my old machine) that gives the glassy look effect and at the same time having the background tinted just enough for me to see my fonts clearly. Anyways, if you want to download the config file, you can download it at materm sourceforge website.

4 comments:

  1. aku rasa yg racun aku guna mrxvt ni linuxlah.

    even dalam cygwin windows pung aku try guna tabbed konsole ni ehehe.. keybinding dia pun syok.. alt+num

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you speak human language anymore, dude? Hahaha. Just kidding. Really glad you're now on track.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayoi: These are the kinds of things i play with....kesian kan, what a sad life I have....geek habis.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.