Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SENSYS 2008 DEMO SUBMISSION

Lately our research group submitted a demo paper to The 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, 2008 (SENSYS). As one of the authors, I am very excited about it. We can't submit a full conference paper yet, since our research is far from what we are trying to do, and all we can do right now, with our preliminary data and experiments is show a demo in this respectable conference.
The reason why I am very excited about it is because SENSYS is one of the leading conferences in my area. Albeit, it is just a demo, but unlike many other conferences, SENSYS actually publishes their demo and poster papers. Furthermore, looking at papers, demo and posters being accepted in the past, much of the accepted papers comes from big named schools. Similarly, the review committee are from well respectable schools and well known individuals in our research area. I'm hoping our research holds some kind of significance to the reviewers, enough to get our demo publish in this conference.
Getting our demo publish will get us a feedback on whether my research area is something of interest to the Embedded and Networked Sensors community. It will also get us buy in on our research ideas and be a stepping stone for us to get funding as well as getting our papers publish in the future.
I'm praying hard that this paper actually gets accepted, and the wait is making me restless.
There is a possibility of being rejected due to the high volume of submissions, and this particular conference has been known to be very competitive. In the past, out of the many demo papers submitted from all around the world, only about 20+ demos gets accepted every year. I am not looking forward to be rejected, but I'm trying my best to not get overly excited to minimize the disappointment. So I'm telling myself, if we don't get accepted, at least we got rejected from well known individuals in the area, and the fact that I've tried.
If, I'm lucky, and I hope I am, we will get accepted. Which will also give me a nervous breakdown, since I will have little time to make my experiments good enough for the demo and get ready to face the public on my research work in the conference by early november this year. The good side of things, I will get to travel. This year, the Sensys Conference will be at Raleigh, NC.
So knowing that I really need it, wish me luck....:)

7 comments:

  1. how far NC from kent.
    aritu ada prof dari NC Charlotte mai sini.. kawan dr M kots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know how far it is. For now, since belum accepted lagi, seems very far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kent to NC? Jauh tu distance wise. Kent to West Haven CT - 8 hours. West Haven CT to NC - around 5 hours.

    Distance tu tak penting. What matter most is to get your blardy paper in SENSYS! I don't think a smart guy like you need luck. All you need is faith in yourself and work on it.

    Way to go bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayoi: I agree with you, distance tu tak penting. Kalau last year sensys kat Australia. I hope dapat publish paper kat bahamas ker or something like that...hehehe. The hardest part is getting it publish in a respectable conference. Mmg byk conference lain, but good ones are hard to get in. Tgk lah reviewer kata aper. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.....comment ko mcm dari Sifu turtle dari kungfu panda jer rasa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs luck when you have the brain. If you can produce a good paper, you end up being a lucky charm yourself.

    *Always berangan nak jadi Sifu/Tok Guru Silat, but now instead kungfu panda, I end up as a panda myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what you are submitting for your demo paper, and wouldn't understand it even if you explain it out loud to me, but good luck! :-P I hope it's accepted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayoi: Jadi panda tak per, but kalau tere takper.....

    Ash: Well, I didn't explain what I was doing for the demo mainly because its still not publish yet. Nanti org tiru idea I and hence I cannot tell people yet what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete

I don't really wish to moderate any comments, but its necessary to avoid spammers.